Road Risks Insurance

Perfectly tailored Road Risks insurance policies for the motor trade

What is Road Risks Insurance?

The simplest level of motor trade insurance cover (usually taken by those who trade from home on a full time or part time basis) is a road risk insurance policy.

motor trade insurance

What does a Road Risks policy cover?

*Always read your policy documents carefully to check the level of cover and exclusions provided by your own policy!

  • Road Risks policies cover you and any named drivers such as employees or spouses, to drive any vehicle that you (the policyholder) owns, plus any vehicle in your custody or control for the purpose of your motor trade activity (including stock vehicles held for sale and customers vehicles in your possession for repairs).
  • Road Risks policies cover your vehicles whilst in the course of a journey on the public highway, or, while temporarily parked during the course of a journey and they usually include cover for vehicles parked at your home address.
  • If you have business premises, a road risk policy will usually exclude vehicles parked at, or within a certain distance (eg; 400 meters) of your business trading address.
  • Policyholders will normally be covered for Motor Trade use and Social Domestic & Pleasure (SD&P) as standard and you can choose to restrict cover to Motor Trade use only for named drivers or provide SD&P use for these too.
  • You can choose between Comprehensive, Third Party Fire & Theft or Third Party Only cover

Do you have more questions about what is covered?

No problem, contact us now as we have all the answers.

Motor Trade policies are only available to registered businesses.

Motor trade policies are restricted to business owners (whether a sole trader, partnership or a limited company, part time or full time) who carry out their activities with the intention of making a profit.

In the event of a claim (or at the request of your insurer) you may be expected to produce evidence of your trading activity such as sales & purchase receipts for vehicles bought and sold, copy invoices for work you have completed on your customers vehicles and receipts for parts purchased.

What about the cost?

Some factors will have an affect on your insurance premium

Road risk policies can vary in price depending on multiple factors, such as your postcode area rating, the number of drivers, previous claims history and driving convictions or licence endorsements. Each quote is carefully tailored to reflect your circumstances and needs at the lowest possible price.

Our expert team of advisors are able to offer the best advice in language you can understand, and we can recommend any additional stand-alone products you may require, such as Public & Employers Liability insurance.

As specialist Motor Trade brokers, we are the experts.